Secondary Double Glazing
Our aluminium secondary double glazing systems have all been designed to be strong, reliable, long-lasting, low maintenance & very discreet & unobtrusive.
They provide a multitude of benefits, some obvious, some less so!
Planning Permission & Building Regulations
The provision of secondary glazing is not generally subject to either:
- planning permission
- building regulations
Quick, Clean, Non-disruptive Installation
The installation of secondary windows is very quick and clean:
- disturbance to the buildings occupants is kept to an absolute minimum
- no need to redecorate afterwards
Ease of Access
No external access is required, therefore:
- no scaffolding is required above the first floor
- large frames can be assembled on site
Standard secondary double glazing substantially improves the thermal insulation of single glazed windows and doors & additionally secondary windows can be:
- glazed with Low “E” heat reflective glass
- double glazed with “A” Rated sealed units
- better than the Building Regulations 1.8uV for replacement windows
Secondary glazing will also:
- save on energy reduce fuel bills
- improve Energy Performance Certificates
- secondary glazing for thermal insulation
Sound Proofing Windows & Doors
Our secondary glazing sound insulation windows achieve significant levels of noise insulation & sound reduction.
Laminated acoustic glass can be specified to maximise the noise reduction from all types of obtrusive noise, such as:
- general street noise
- road & traffic noise
- industrial & factory noise
- airport & aircraft noise
- railway, station & train noise
Secondary double glazing is ideal for noisy buildings such as pubs, clubs, concert halls & recording studios.